Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 5:30 – 9pm
Good Life, 28 Kingston Street, Boston, MA 02111
JOIN US for our annual Winter Meeting Rebellion where we will roll out our agenda for the coming year, to include:
- Meet and greet our new lobbyist, Leslie Walker, who will fight on behalf of MACDL members for higher indigent counsel rates as well as advise us on important policy matters;
- Learn about Amicus Curiae filed by Chauncey Wood, our Committee Chair, arguing for higher Bar Advocate rates;
- Thank Makis Antzoulatos as he receives the President’s Award on behalf of the National Lawyers Guild of Massachusetts for standing up against tyranny in the BMC where protesters and attorneys alike were denied due process and illegally detained;
- Cheer Joe Smith III as he receives the Hines-Burnham Award for demanding the constitutional rights due his clients every day in the trenches of Hampden County;
- Collaborate with like organizations across the state; and
- More Cow Bell!
Appetizers will be provided, and there will be a cash bar as we mingle and share stories from this past year with old and new friends. Cost is only $30 for members and $40 for non-members. All who register by December 5th will be automatically be entered in a raffle to win one of two MCLE scholarship vouchers.* New members may join MACDL for free for one year and also get the reduced member rate for this event!
* Each voucher from the MCLE Richard M. Egbert Scholarship Fund entitles the bearer to attend any half day, full day, or two day MCLE program at a reduced tuition rate of $35.
Questions? Comments? Contact Jonathan Vogel-Borne, 617-599-8153.